Meet Dr. Serge Lokot
Oral Surgeon in Encino
Dr. Serge Lokot grew up here in the San Fernando Valley. He attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, then went on to attended the University of Southern California where he earned his Bachelor’s degree in Pre-Dental. He continued his education at the USC School of Dentistry to earn his Doctorate of Dental Surgery. During dental school, Dr. Lokot was elected class president for two of the four years he attended. This was where he discovered his interest in Oral Surgery. He spent a significant amount of time in the oral surgery clinic, as well as completing multiple externships at some of the country’s top hospitals.
After dental school, Dr. Lokot accepted a residency position at the prestigious University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. During his 5 years of residency, Dr. Lokot had wide-ranging experience in dealing with the most medically and surgically complex patients. A hospital based residency provided him a complete surgical experience, ranging from complex dental implant procedures and extractions on medically compromised patients to facial trauma and repair of large maxillofacial defects. He also underwent extensive anesthesia training during this time. Dr Lokot was on the forefront of the latest advances in tissue engineering as well as the treatment of Medication Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws (MIONJ/BIONJ). Dr. Lokot served as Chief Resident and earned the Surgical Leadership Award that was presented by his faculty for his continued dedication to advancing the field or Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Upon completion of his training, Dr. Lokot returned home to the San Fernando Valley and joined West Valley Oral Surgery. He strives to provide the highest level of care to all his patients in a comfortable and caring environment. Dr. Lokot is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Today, he still stays current on the latest advances in treatment and technology by attending numerous meetings and continuing education courses every year. Dr. Lokot is also frequently invited to present at these meetings regarding his expertise in tissue engineering, anesthesia and facial reconstruction.
In his spare time, Dr. Lokot enjoys spending time with his wife Janelle and their golden doodle Charlie. He is a devoted fan of USC football, enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and snowboarding. Dr. Lokot and his wife are avid travelers and enjoy all that California has to offer.
- Providence Tarzana Regional Medical Center. Tarzana, CA
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association
- Oral & Craniofacial Tissue Engineering Society
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Academic Day 2013 “Surgical vs Non-Surgical Management of Vascular Lesions” June 29th, 2013
- Florida Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons 2013 Annual Meeting “The Role of Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate combined with rhBMP-2 in Jaw Reconstruction” Nov 16th 2013
- West Valley Oral Surgery Study Club “The Medical and Dental Management of Irradiated and DIONJ patients” March 6th 2014 Encino, CA
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Academic Day 2014 “Use of Resorbable Mesh for Jaw Reconstruction” June 21st, 2014
- Oral Facial Seminars “Updates on Maxillofacial Tissue Engineering” April 23rd, 2015 Tarzana, CA
- SCOA 15th Annual Fall Implant Symposium “Anesthesia Options for Treating Centenarians” October 17th 2018, Pasadena, CA